The liver is one of the most hardworking organs in the body. It is also the largest solid organ, it can regenerate, it is smart and is involved in around 500 tasks in the body – the key ones are metabolic.
The role and function of the liver:
Detoxifies the body: Everything you eat and drink (and smoke…) gets filtered by the liver. It knows when to store nutrients and release them back into the blood and when to detoxify the body – it helps toxins exit the body through urine and stool.
Helps manage blood sugar and energy: The liver keeps the amount of sugar in the bloodstream constant by removing sugar from the blood and storing it in the form of glycogen. When a person’s blood sugar decreases, it converts that stored glycogen to glucose, adding the proper amount of instant energy into the bloodstream for the cells to use. Once the glycogen store is used, the liver will create glucose from other carbohydrates and a form of protein.
Is a fat factory: It breaks down fats that are eaten, converting excess carbohydrates and protein so it can be stored for later use, while making other fats, like cholesterol. The liver produces bile to help break down and absorb fats. Waste products and toxins are removed through bile.
Filters your blood: It breaks down old or damaged blood cells. It knows to store the iron and various vitamins to use when those nutrients fall below what’s needed in the bloodstream. It’s also essential in releasing plasma proteins necessary to clot blood.
Stores some vitamins and minerals: The liver stores vitamins A, D, E, K, and B12 as well as iron and copper and releases them as the body needs it.
Do you suffer from:
- Appetite loss
- Swollen lower legs and ankles
- Yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes (jaundice)
- Swelling abdomen
- Dark coloured urine
6 Things are known to cause liver damage:
- Excessive alcohol use
- Some medication
- Viral hepatitis
- A diet high in refined carbs and sugar
Liver Support is a herbal supplement that will help purify and support the liver naturally.
Fatty Liver Disease
Fatty liver disease (steatosis) is a common condition caused where too much fat builds up in your liver and becomes a problem when fat reaches 5% to 10% of your liver’s weight. Most people with this condition have no symptoms, and it can lead to serious health problems like cirrhosis of the liver and even liver cancer. Liver Support and other healthy lifestyle changes like exercise, avoiding refined carbohydrates and managing your weight help prevent fatty liver and other liver diseases.
So why take Liver support?
Liver Support is key in your daily supplementation, it assists the liver by detoxing it, undoing damage to cells and improving blood flow to the liver, making it perform its functions better.
Directions of use:
- Take 1 capsule per day after a meal.
- For severe liver problems take 2 capsules twice a day in the morning and evening.
- If you take any medicines regularly, talk to your doctor before you start using the product. It could interact with many drugs, including some that treat high cholesterol, infections, insomnia, and blood pressure.
- Recommended from the age of 18. There are no studies showing whether it is safe to give milk thistle to a child. Liver problems can be serious and should be diagnosed by a physician. Talk to your child’s doctor before giving them Liver Support.
- While milk thistle has been traditionally used in pregnant and breastfeeding women, its safety is unknown. If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, check with your doctor before using Liver Support.
- Do not use if you are taking a blood thinner, such as Warfarin. Please consult your health professional.
Key Active Ingredients:
- Milk Thistle: A flowering herb related to the daisy family. It helps protect the liver by preventing liver inflammation and liver damage.
- Dandelion promotes liver health by protecting it from damage and disease
- Biotin helps the liver to metabolise or break down fats and proteins
- Rooibos: A study at the Oxidative Stress Research Centre, Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT), has proven the ability of Rooibos to improve liver function and protect the liver against oxidative dam